Friday, November 26, 2010

Tree and Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful couple of days!  On Wednesday we got our Christmas tree!  It was so much fun!  We went to a lot by the farmer's market and got an amazing tree.  It is so fresh our entire house smells like it.  Leah had so much fun picking out her tree.  She would run up and down the isles and inspected every one yelling "tree tree tree" the entire time.  It was so special and so much fun to pick out our first Christmas tree as a family of 4.  It was not only Brayden's first tree, it was Leah's first tree too!  We decided to skip the tree last year as Leah was into everything at 10-11 months.  Leah enjoys her tree very much!  She helps Cavan water it every morning.  It's pretty cute.

We also had a great Thanksgiving.  We spent the day with Cavan's family and enjoyed the wonderful food.  I was surprised that Leah didn't eat much, but she sure had a good time.  We even went to the beach in the golf cart just for fun.  Leah was exhausted by the time we were done eating, and Brayden did so well so we decided to go home.  Leah actually fell asleep at 5:30 last night and didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning.  She was so tired!

We ended up decorating our Christmas tree today.  It was interesting.  Leah really wanted to help with everything.  She loved the lights and tried to blow them out and told us they were hot.  She's such a goof.  She also thinks all the ornaments are apples and oranges.  Oh Leah, how we love you!

Leah finally likes cow's milk.  It took her up until a couple weeks ago.  She still drinks my milk in the mornings, but enjoys cow's milk for breakfast or dinner.  It's kind of confusing though.  She calls milk, "no".  So when you ask her if she wants milk or juice, she will say "no".  So then we ask her if she would rather have water, and she gets so mad and says, "No, no!".   We finally figure it out once she starts signing "milk" and saying "no" at the same time.  Ha!  At least she knew she had to sign it too!  Funny girl!

Brayden is doing great.  He is still doing his "crazy nursing".  He was better for almost an entire day on Tuesday, but picked it right back up.  It's quite frustrating, and I am hoping he'll grow out of it.  I just want him to be comfortable.  He is currently sleeping in his Kanoe next to my bed as I type.  I am so happy he is sleeping well in his Kanoe.  Leah had to sleep with me until 8ish months.  I normally bring Brayden in bed with me in the mornings for a couple of hours.  He is still going about 2 hours at a time, some nights a little more one stretch, some nights less.. but all in all he is doing great.  He is 22.5 inches long and 12lbs now.  Big boy! Leah is 32 inches tall and 22lbs - she is my tiny girl.

We put Leah down for bed tonight, and I was on my way to the kitchen when I saw Miss Payton on our dining room table!  I was just about to yell at her when I thought that Cavan would love to see this... so I told her to stay and Cavan grabbed the camera.  Funny thing was... there wasn't even food on the table!!!  What a naughty dog!  It was too cute to pass though.












2 comments:

  1. Hey. I love your blog! I'm from that breastfeeding group on facebook where you posted the link. Your family is beautiful and I love your positivity! Anyway. I was wondering if Brayden might have reflux. I've heard babies with reflux do that while nursing. does he have any other symptoms? I don't have any experience with reflux, but you could ask on that page. Anyway, thanks for sharing your cute blog!

    Michelle Lemos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks is much Michelle,
    I also have wondered if he may have a silent reflux. Leah had reflux when she was a baby but mostly just spit up a bunch. Brayden doesn't spit up much at all, but seems as if he may have heartburn or something while eating and that may be causing him to be uncomfortable. I just ordered a hazelwood necklace for him to see if that will help. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think about this posting? Click here!